The Minister for Regional Youth, Hon. Ben Franklin MLC. announced the 2022 Taskforce members on 9 March 2022.
Benjamin Healey from the Youth Council was selected to represent the Illawarra and Shoalhaven region on this 18 Member Regional Youth Taskforce. Applicants were required to be from a regional areas in the Illawarra.
Members of the Regional Youth Taskforce advise the Minister on issues that affect young people living in regional NSW.
The Taskforce allows members to have their say on ways Government can improve outcomes for young people in regional NSW and better deliver services.
You can listen to Ben discuss what he will be doing in the Regional Youth Taskforce this with Lindsay McDougall on ABC Illawarra Drive at https://www.abc.net.au/…/programs/drive/drive/13779076 (2.22 in the interview time line).
The 2022 Regional Youth Taskforce Members are:
- Willow Robinson and Tyson Purchase for the Central Coast Region
- Brooke Williams and Gianrico Wynn for the Central West and Orana Region
- Campbell Quintrell and Abbie Kelly for the Far West Region
- Nicholas Bailey and Coco Rose for the Hunter Region
- Georgie Moustoukis and Benjamin Healey for the Illawarra Shoalhaven Region
- Rohan Cowley and Caitlin Blanch for the New England and North West Region
- Mikal Tesfamariam and Luke Austin for the North Coast Region
- Kane Stewart and Chelsea Burgess Hannon for the Riverina Murray Region
- Molly Brabham and Timothy Dotter for the South East Region